Themes of my research
- Bubble Convection
- When small bubbles are produced below a water layer,
a large-scale convective motion occurs.
- Frontal Instability
- Fronts in the atmosphere or in the oceans are unstable,
and distubances develop there.
- Transition modes of rotating shallow water waves
- Under what condition do Kelvin waves or mixed Rossby-gravity waves
exist? Does Lamb-wave exist also in the ocean?
- Critical layer instability
- When phase speed of a wave and fluid velocity coincides,
something strage happens.
- Criterion for sign of wave-momentum in shallow-water system
- It is useful to judge the stability of flows.
- Identification of modes in non-uniform potential vorticity flow
- It is necessary for the theory of intermediate-scale waves near tropopause
as well as explanation of shear instability.
Quasi Geostrophic Turbulence
- In the large scale motions of the atmosphere and the ocean,
horizontal motion surpasses.
In two-dimentional motions,
in constrast with three-dimensional ones,
energy is transformed to small wavenumber (large scale).